Selasa, 18 Oktober 2011

EFFICIENT, EASY TO USE CONTROLS A STABLE LONG LENS SUPPORT

Manfrtotto MH055M0 Q2 Magnesium Release System

Manfrtotto MH055M0 Q2 Magnesium Release System

After seeing poor reviews on the Manfrotto MH054M0-Q2 054 Magnesium Ball Head with Q2 Quick Release, I stepped up to the 55 series, and I must say that, this is one killer Ball Head!

This head is a TANK! I had a Q2 quick plate already on my Nikon D7100 24.1 MP DX-Format CMOS Digital SLR camera from another manfrotto monopod that I have been using. I screwed this head onto my Manfrotto 055XPROB Pro Tripod and snapped the camera right in with no problems. I tried to get the camera to pop out, like I have seen posted by others online and I couldn't get it to come out unless I pressed the release button and flipped the lever all the way back. I don't know if they fully addressed the problems that this quick release was having or not, but mine works perfectly at this time.

The ball head is smooth, and after adjusting the tension knob for the weight of your camera, the ball takes miminum effort to move after only a half turn of the ball locking knob. Even with the knob in the loose position, the ball doesn't just fall. It stays put until you move it, provided that the tensioner is set correctly for the camera/lens/light kit that you use on the head.

Panning is a little stiff right out of the box but i'm sure it will loosen up over time as this head.

I'm ultra pleased with this head. It should provide years of service for me in the studio and at events!

Now only if they made a smaller version of this with a 1/4-20 thread for my monopod I would be set!

Get your Manfrtotto MH055M0 Q2 Magnesium Release System Now!

4 komentar:

  1. I ALSO USE THE 484RC2 (ON A MANFROTTO CARBON FIBRE MONOPOD) AND A 486RC2 (ON A 2021N TRIPOD) BUT THIS BALL HEAD IS USED ON THE 3033 TRIPOD AND PROVIDES ADDITIONAL CONTROLS WHICH MAKE USING AN AF70-200 F2.8 LENS WITH A 1.7X EXTENDER/D800/MB-D12 COMBINATION EASIER TO USE AND MORE PRECISE IN POSITIONING.

    BalasHapus
  2. This is the best ball head and quick release I have tried. It supports my Canon 70-200mm very nicely on the Canon 5d mark iii.

    BalasHapus
  3. Previously owned a smaller, hundred dollar manfrotto ball head and then the largest manfrotto joystick grip head. While they were built well, neither one could easily handle a 70-200mm lens without drooping or slipping.

    This ball head with quick release handles my 5d mkII and the beastly 200mm f2.0 with 1.4x extension with EASE. It's well built and fairly hefty, making my carbon fiber tripod setup a bit top heavy. Knobs and swivels are firm but smooth, and everything locks into place very easily. I feel confident with this supporting my 10k worth of gear.

    After taking this out on two occasions, I'm pleased the quality, functionality, value and can't recommend enough.

    BalasHapus