Senin, 10 Oktober 2011

good lens overall, as long as you know its limitations

Sigma 18 250mm 3 5 6 3 Nikon Digital

Sigma 18 250mm 3 5 6 3 Nikon Digital

I have had this lens for 6 months now. I got it brand new along with my 7D. I decided to get the 7D body and this lens instead of a kit lens, and I'm glad I did. I have shot probably 10,000 pictures in the last six months, and I have used this lens on probably 80% of those. It is the only lens I ever need for general outdoor photography. Having he ability to go from 18mm for landscapes to 250mm for detail shots and macro is awesome. Yes, it is a macro lens. I can focus up to about six inches from the glass. With a cheap set of extension tubes I can focus with the subject literally touching the glass! Zoomed in, this lens gives great bokeh, even though it's not as fast as the Canon 70-200 for instance.

The only bad things I notice about this thing are that you notice a fair bit of fringing on high contrast edges when doing macro shooting. This can generally be fixed by changing lighting. It also has a slight barrel distortion at 18mm that is easy to fix (although you lose a little of your picture) in post.

Overall I give this thing five stars. You can find plenty of lenses that are better at one part of the zoom spectrum than this, but I don't think there is a multi-purpose zoom that rivals this one out there.

Get your Sigma 18 250mm 3 5 6 3 Nikon Digital Now!

4 komentar:

  1. I am new to photoGRAPHY ...and i use to do photography by my compact digital camera But now i want to upgrade to a Dslr camera......So i was thinking to buy Canon 550D or Nikon D90 And then Nikon D7000 launched and made me confuse ....so Can i start by Nikon D7000????Is it will be easy to use D7000 for a beginner ?who has never used a Dslr or i should buy another Dslr Or wait for any other Dslr launch???Plzzz Help Me OUT...I want only to enjoy photography Not as CAREER

    BalasHapus
  2. I really want to start photography, and I know I want to do it, so I really just want to get a good camera. I'm not sure though, what cameras have a good price, or camera that are just bad quality. I'm not sure where to shop for one. ( I want one of those digital with a lens that takes good quality pics and maybe video,) My price range is around 500$-1000$. HELP.

    BalasHapus
  3. It doesn't matter if it's used/new. I'm just a college student on a budget who wants to get into photography.

    BalasHapus
  4. I want to get fast digital camera because I am using it for sports and action shots. I need the pics to be clear and crisp with a fast shutter speed enabling me to catch the action. I will also need to be able to zoom so if that matters at all. One more thing, I don't want the $8,000 camera, I am looking for one around $500-$800 dollars.

    BalasHapus