Rabu, 10 Agustus 2011

Just What I Needed

OXO Grips Electronics Cleaning Brush

OXO Grips Electronics Cleaning Brush

I had owned Canon Digital Rebel XSi 12.2 MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens (Black) for about a year when I decided that the standard lens that it came with was rather limited in terms of what sorts of shots I was able to take, especially when it came to taking pictures of distant object. I was not willing to spend too much money on any of the higher end professional or prosumer cameras. I needed something that would take decent photographs under the normal shooting condition, something comparable to the performance of the standard lens. I also wanted image stabilization, as I had come to appreciate how important it was for making low-blur shots. This Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS telephoto zoom lens fit that description perfectly, and over the last year and a half it has met or exceeded all of my expectations.

The lens, as can be expected, shoots good high-zoom pictures, especially in broad daylight. The image stabilization greatly helps in lower light condition as it eliminates a lot of the blur. However, I have not had much success with using this lens at night, even with really long exposure while using a tripod and a remote control. In my experience I got the best result when using this lens for shooting (relatively) nearby objects at high zoom. This would give me a really large contrast and the pictures that I got that way are among some of the best I ever shot.

This is also a fairly heavy lens, especially if you are not used to interchangeable lenses, so you need to plan in advance if you are going to use at a particular shooting situation or not. I discovered that it just fits perfectly in my regular sized DSL camera bag. Also, if you are using more than one lens at the shooting session be very careful when exchanging the lenses. I recommend always trying to find a flat surface on which you can lay down any one lens at a time.

Whether you are interested in taking close-ups of distant objects or creating some interesting artistic effects, this is a perfect lens to invest into after you've gotten used to taking pictures with SLR cameras.

Get your OXO Grips Electronics Cleaning Brush Now!

9 komentar:

  1. This is a great little brush. Best thing I have found for keeping computer keyboards dust and dirt free. It does not eliminate having to use compressed air or some other solution to remove debris from the bottom tray of your keyboard, but it makes it much less necessary, and it keeps the keys themselves looking spotless and working perfectly. Also excellent for cleaning the corners of monitors and other hard to clean places. I keep it on my desk and use it intermittently when the urge strikes. My only complaint is that the cap over the silicone wiper does not fit very tightly. I hope they fix that. Otherwise, it still gets my highest recommendation.

    BalasHapus
  2. Leave it to OXO Good Grips to invent yet another WONDERFUL product!!!!!! These are just AWESOME!!!! I keep one in the car and another in my office!!!!!!

    BalasHapus
  3. My laptop hasn't been so clean since I bought it! Much better than compressed air cleaning. Using the rubbery end, you can even clean off the finger-tracker; and using the little brush, you get out all those annoying little crumbs and pieces of stuff that both impede your keyboard performance and make it look dirty. I wish I would have taken before and after pictures---the difference is astonishing! I was skeptical, but this little tool is worth the price.

    BalasHapus
  4. I stumbled across this and ordered it on a whim. Wow, have I been impressed. It works perfect to keep all those tight spaces in keyboards and other electronics clean. The brush is retractable so it stays clean when not in use. Construction as a whole also seems quite durable. Well worth the money.

    BalasHapus
  5. This works really well for cleaning out my laptop. The rubber end cleans in between the keys and the brush side wipes everything away. You need to be careful because you can easily lift the keys off. They do snap back in without much effort. I have two other sized OXO cleaning brushes and highly recommend them. I have found multiple uses for them. I tend to be OCD about cleaning and these brushes allow me to get to every nook and cranny!!

    BalasHapus
  6. I'm using this for my sewing machine and serger. I love the rubber bristles, they don't smash and fall out. The point is good for tiny places.

    BalasHapus
  7. Great design at a reasonable price. I bought one for work, one for home, and one as a perfect stocking stuffer for a computer tech relative.

    BalasHapus
  8. This brush has two sides for many purposes and it is the perfect size to clean keyboard without any issues.

    BalasHapus