Minggu, 14 Agustus 2011

Sharp, fast, inexpensive

Canon 50mm 1 8 Camera Lens

Canon 50mm 1 8 Camera Lens

I bought it because it's fast (F/1.8) and cheap. It turns out it's also very simple to use because you can't even fiddle with the zoom since it has no zoom!

So armed with this lens and an indoor performance, I took a bunch of pictures, one-handed, on my Digital Rebel XT, and I ended up with some of the nicest pictures (indoor or out) that I have ever taken:

http://payne-family.org/ISTP%20CNY%20Performance%202006/

Most of the pictures are very sharp, none of the pictures were taken with a flash.

The only problem is 50mm is really 80mm if you use a digital SLR with the typical 1.6 multiplication factor. So it's no good for some situations. I think I will have to get another more wide-angle lens that's also nice and quick to cover all the bases.

Remember - a fixed focal length lens will tend to be very sharp and much quicker because it's a simpler lens. Boy was I blown away by this one.

Get your Canon 50mm 1 8 Camera Lens Now!

3 komentar:

  1. I shoot Canon. I have the 50mm 1.8 ap lens but is that enough??

    BalasHapus
  2. I'm going to be filming/photographing a concert next month and am looking to find the best canon(or at least compatible with a canon camera) lens for the job.I already have the kit lens and the 50mm 1.8. I'm looking for something specifically for the shots that are slightly more at a distance.

    BalasHapus
  3. http://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8-Camera-Lens/dp/B00007E7JU I saw this one--it is a good deal? I'd like something with a low aperture for portraits. And I've also been looking for a macro lens--any ressession-friendly suggestions? I've looked at a couple and they're six hundred and up.

    BalasHapus