Jumat, 02 September 2011

Life-Changing Perspective

The Souls Code James Hillman

The Souls Code James Hillman

I read a lot, but this book by Hillman's is one of my all-time favorites. His perspective is brilliant, unapologetically counter-culture, enormously insightful and deeply inspiring. There's a sarcastic bite to his writing that makes it even more entertaining: you sense that this man is no pushover.

I won't even attempt to summarize Hillman's argument here. Read this book if you've ever been curious about the soul, or why a life work sometimes seems at odds with the "human" story, or if you've agonized over the search for meaning in your own life.

By way of context, I'll mention that my interest in understanding the soul more deeply is professional as well as personal. I've published the how-to video "Thrill Your Soul: Inspiration for Choosing Your Work and Relationships," and I work with clients and students to help them connect with their life purpose. When it comes to this topic, I'm not as sardonically no-nonsense as Hillman appears to be from his writing, but it still takes a lot to impress me. Hillman has become one of my heroes, thanks to this magnificent book.

Get your The Souls Code James Hillman Now!

3 komentar:

  1. Eckhart Tolle, Wayne Dyer, Sonia Choquette, Neale Donald Walsch

    BalasHapus
  2. I can't decide if I want to be a lawyer or producer in Hollywood so do you think it would be a good idea to go to college, major in something business/law related and minor in film and then after college, go to law school and try to get a job as a producer and then try to become a producer and if I can't, become a lawyer? Also, do you think it would be a good idea to be a lawyer and then try producing on the side? Everyone said that the law field is overpopulated and law school graduates are having a hard time getting a job.

    BalasHapus
  3. I just need to know some theories or aurguments james hill man has made and any stregnths, oweaknesses or possible biases about them and how there important to human growth thank you

    BalasHapus