Kamis, 08 Maret 2012

8mm Fisheye lens

Rokinon FE8M N Fisheye Nikon Black

Rokinon FE8M N Fisheye Nikon Black

The Rokinon 8mm Fisheye lens is my new favorite. Its sharpness, contrast and color saturation are on par with my 17-40mm canon L series lens which costs three times as much. It has great center and edge to edge sharpness. It has little chromatic abberation or color fringing, which is excellent for such an extreme lens. I'm using mine on a canon T2i camera body and the fact that it is a totally manual lens is hardly noticed. Focus is almost a non-issue on an 8mm lens as its depth of field is usually everything in your picture. All I do is put the camera in aperture priority mode and adjust the aperture on the lens instead of through the camera body. The T2i does a great job of correct exposure with this lens. I noticed a very slight loss of sharpness when shooting at f3.5 but that is totally normal for very wide angle lenses shot wide open. I noticed that the lens controls flairing very well and has an excellent build quality. I am so glad I purchased this lens instead of the much more expensive Sigma or Canon fisheye. Finally, with the lens being totally manual, there is less to go wrong with it so it should last a lifetime.

Get your Rokinon FE8M N Fisheye Nikon Black Now!

4 komentar:

  1. What is a good cheap fish eye lens for the nikon 3000? I do not mind the black background around the picture and actually prefer it.

    BalasHapus
  2. For a nikon d3100. I would like a fisheye but they're really expensive and I can't find one anywhere for a nikon on ebay or any other sites (if you have any suggestions for those please tell me though!) however, are there any other cool but not too expensive lenses for cameras?

    BalasHapus
  3. I found an awesome fish-eye lens on amazon ( http://www.amazon.com/Rokinon-FE8M-N-Fisheye-Nikon-Black/dp/B002LTWDSK/ref=sr_1_3?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1307283177&sr=1-3 ) but I realized its the wrong format. Does anyone make a fish-eye at around the same price and quality for DX format Nikon cameras? I don't want a lens attachment, the ring around the photos makes them look unprofessional.

    BalasHapus
  4. Hi, I have a super cheap fisheye converter lens I bought for 30 dollars on ebay...it works alright but I want something a step up. What would be a decent brand fisheye lens for no more than $200? Are the fisheye lenses better than the fisheye lens adapters? Seems they would be, could you tell me what makes it better? Thank You. Oh, and for future reference, when I want another stpe up, what is a good fisheye lens for around $500?

    BalasHapus