Minggu, 11 Desember 2011

More than a macro-lens

Nikon 105mm 2 8G ED IF Micro Nikkor

Nikon 105mm 2 8G ED IF Micro Nikkor

This is not only a superb macro lens (though the offerings by Zeiss and Leitz are reputed even sharper, and more expensive) but it makes a very good all round 105 mm lens thanks to the vibration reduction. I've used this to make many a discreet shot at a wedding with my D300 and I didn't have to use a tripod, even in dim light. I have also used it to take shots of architectural details in dim light.
The contrast and the bokeh are excellent.
I should add that since its focusing range is so long (from a few centimeters to infinity) this lens is more likely to hunt when autofocusing than a standard 105mm lens, so it might not be the best lens for action shots. You need to be a little patient when using the autofocus.
In many macro situations you should turn the autofocusing off. I'll let you be the judge.
As for the VR you should definitely turn it off if you are using a tripod: you'll be wearing the mechanism out less and often the VR makes things worse.

As to sharpness the more formal tests whether on slrgear, popphoto, photozone or the French magazine Chasseur d'Images say it all.

Get your Nikon 105mm 2 8G ED IF Micro Nikkor Now!

6 komentar:

  1. I've been considering the Tamron 90mm or the AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED. (But anything on the cheaper side [while still working well] would definitely be better!)

    BalasHapus
  2. I will probably be shooting in dark places and even at night.

    BalasHapus
  3. the mp are not that important.

    BalasHapus
  4. Any suggestions for a good macro lens for nikon D80?

    BalasHapus
  5. I have a Nikon D50, and i want a new camera, so will all the lenses i have for it work with the new Nikon cameras???

    BalasHapus
  6. Is it a big deal that the 105mm macro lens will not auto focus on my nikon d80? Is this normal and its better to use manual focus on macro photos? Any suggestions would be great. I really like this lens over the 60mm because you dont have to shoot up close and scare the objects away.

    BalasHapus