Rabu, 09 November 2011

As good as they say!!

Sigma 17 50mm 2 8 Aperture Canon

Sigma 17 50mm 2 8 Aperture Canon

I take my purchases seriously, taking sometimes months just researching and comparing prices, reviews, specs, etc.
I could not decide between the 17-70mm and this lens. I bought the 17-70 instead and immediately realized my folly. I was looking for a lens to do events and thought the extra reach would benefit me, figuring I could use my post processing to compensate. However, after just taking a few shots indoors, I did not like the noise that I had to contend with plus the unsaturated look. The 17-70 might be a great lens outdoors but because it does not enable the 2.8 throughout the range,it was not enough.
I immediately arranged for a refund and I must say that Amazon's service is amazing, which is why I keep returning....lol..that did not sound right...you know what I mean!.
I purchased the 17-50mm and it came 2 days ago, I immediately began taking photos. The 2.8 throughout the range was excellent. With flash(SB900),I took some amazing photos. It seemed to me that the color information in the photos(raw) allowed me to really bring out a sweet color depth range, almost as if I were using a full frame camera, I am using a D90. I took shots of flowers that were better than I have ever taken before. The 17mm took me in close, about 6-8ins, with a sharpness that makes you feel like it is a macro lens. With the OS, I did not even need a tripod...shooting at 1/25, sometimes even 1/15 on shots without flash. This OS really makes a difference. I also noticed that it has a decent bokeh at 2.8...which should work well for portraits but I will be testing that later. People remarked on the colors. This lens took my photography to a new level. The focal length ring is quite stiff and it could be because it is new. That is only thing I find wrong with this lens so far, besides a cheap feel compared to my Nikkor lens.
So far I am loving this lens but need to really put it through some more hurdles to compete this review. I will post the pictures later of the flowers.

Get your Sigma 17 50mm 2 8 Aperture Canon Now!

5 komentar:

  1. I have the canon 400d and i currently using the Sigma 18-200mm F/3.5 F22 lense with it. I'm looking for an affordable lense with a good aperture range to take clear photos at live gigs. Does anyone know of a lense like this thats also affordable and maybe where to buy it.

    BalasHapus
  2. I just got a new canon 60d body only and have just enough money to purchase the tamron sp af 17-50mm f 2.8 xr di-ii vc ld lens and Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 lens. In your opinion for 1300 dollars is there a better lens or lens combo for film. Thanks for the help.

    BalasHapus
  3. I currently use a Canon Powershot S2 IS point and shoot camera. I know the complete ins and outs of this camera and want to move on to something a little more professional and better quality. I enjoy portraiture photography and city life photography (buildings, designs, moving people) best. I'm currently looking at the Canon Rebel XTI...any suggestions?

    BalasHapus
  4. I do a lot of landscape photography, and i'm looking for a good lens. I've got the Canon 1000D and i'm looking for a wide angle zoom lens with an image stabilizer. I'm still a beginner photographer, so nothing too professional and expensive. Thank you so much!

    BalasHapus
  5. I can spend up to 650$ on the lens.The body is 30D and the flash 430 ex.I await your reply.

    BalasHapus