Kamis, 10 November 2011

Tamron 18-200 for Pentax

Tamron AF 18 200mm Aspherical Canon

Tamron AF 18 200mm Aspherical Canon

Face it, you're not going to get an "L" lens for this price. As long as you accept this fact I think you'll love this lens. This is one of the two lenses I bought for my first DSLR camera - a Rebel XT. For less than $1,200 I got the camera body, this lens, the Canon 50mm f/1.8, a tripod, a 4GB Ultra-card, and a Samsonite carrying case. I think I did pretty good! Back to the Tamron lens: I wanted one lens to carry around and to learn the ins and outs of shooting with an SLR. This lens fits the bill perfectly.

I can take nice group and landscape shots with the lens at 18mm and can get nice and close to far away things by zooming in. The AF is quick and quiet in my experience. If you're shooting sky or big areas of low contrast (like walls) it's best to switch to manual focusing, which works just fine.

I screwed a UV filter on right away to protect the lens and the threads were well-machined. In fact, the entire lens just feels like much more expensive glass. It's solid.

Naturally, when setting this lens at 50mm and comparing the shots with the Canon 50mm f/1.8, the Canon will give slightly sharper results and will work better indoors without flash. But that's why I bought the Canon f/1.8 in the first place ... to supplement the Tamron. With these two lenses I think I can spend the next year or so learning SLR photography. Then, I can start investing in better glass. But for under $1,200 I would recommend this set-up for both beginners and experienced photographers.

And before I forget; using the macro function at 200mm results in very sharp images. I was quite surprised and pleased at how sharp they were.

Zoom ... telephoto ... wide-angle ... macro. All in one lens. Can't beat it!

Get your Tamron AF 18 200mm Aspherical Canon Now!

1 komentar:

  1. I have the Canon Zoom Lens EF 75-300mm 1: 4-5.6 III USM and the Standard kit lens? EFS 18-55mm Image stabilizer. I also have and older Tamron 28-200mm which I will not sell it is a AF Aspherical LD [IF] 1: 3.8-5.6. Lastly, any suggestions on a new lens? Sorry for the long and complicated post.

    BalasHapus