Jumat, 01 Juli 2011

Great compact camera case, safely protects your investment.

Case Logic SLRC 201 Holster Black

Case Logic SLRC 201 Holster Black

i have big bags to hold multiple lenses and equipment, but i've been wanting a small bag i can easily carry around that holds just my camera with one lens. this bag fit my desire perfectly! i have a nikon d3100 and d7000, and it will hold either of them with my longest lens attached, the nikon 70-300mm vr af-s. one word of warning on that, the d7000 with that lens attached will stretch the zipper to it's max! it's a very tight fit. the d3100 with the 70-300 is still a snug fit, but i dont worry about busting the zippers like i do with the d7000. with either body and that lens the lens will touch the bottom of the bag, but it's padded, so i dont care. so far the zippers are holding up well, hopefully it will continue to hold up well after a year or so of that much stretching. with any of my shorter lens everything fits wonderfully. the bag is well made and well padded. the shoulder strap is on the cheap side, i will admit, but for the price point you really cant complain. my suggestion, get a better and LONGER shoulder strap, it makes this bag even better. the pockets wont hold much, but that's why i like this bag, i get tired of packing too much gear! with this bag i will carry my camera body with one lens attached, an extra memory card or two, and one spare battery. it can hold a few other small items if need be, but that's all i carry when i want to carry light. i've read reviews of people mounting short lenses on the camera and laying aother small lens at the bottom of the bag. i tried this and it did work, but i dont like the fact that you have a loose lens banging the mounted lens. to me it's not worth it. oh i mounted the nikon 50mm 1.8g on the camera and laid the nikon 35mm 1.8g in the bottom of the bag, it did fit. again i dont suggest it, but that's up to you. so all in all i think it's a great small bag if you want to travel small and light. if you want to carry more gear though look elsewhere. get a sling bag or a bigger shoulder bag. but if you just want your camera with one lense and some memory cards and a battery, this bag is perfect. i love mine!

Get your Case Logic SLRC 201 Holster Black Now!

8 komentar:

  1. I carry around my Nikon 3100 with an all purpose 18-200 mm lens that fits perfectly on this case. It provides maximum protection to both the camera and the lens. It's very comfortable and easy to carry around when hiking or traveling light. If you only use one set of lenses, this is the case for you.

    Construction is very sturdy and the plastic base is great for added protection and worry free to put on any surface.

    BalasHapus
  2. This bag is absolutely awesome. The size is perfect (at least for my use). I use it with a Panasonic GF-1 that I have the pancake and zoom lenses. The bag is just tall enough to allow me to store the unused lens in the bottom of the bag. The hammock suspension system keeps the camera well protected and also hovers the camera above whatever is at the bottom of the bag.

    I took this on a vacation and found it very light and unobtrusive while slung over my shoulder and when sitting on my lap. It was also very easy to grab the camera when needed and quickly snap off shots. Because of the hammock system, the camera is already properly positioned in your hand when you grab it out of the bag. The bag also has a rubberized, flat bottom that allows it to stand upright on its own and also in about an inch of water.

    There is not a lot of extra space, such as to hold your charger, but I do not expect this camera bag to perform the duties of a full-sized camera bag. The front pocket can hold a small cell phone and the side pockets can hold small items.

    BalasHapus
  3. This case is perfect for my Nikon D3100. I can even stuff my 55-200m lense in there with the camera and other lense attached to it (probably reduces the level of protection a bit, but unfortunately as I am currently travelling, my options are limited). The cases three pockets can hold my battery, extra memory cards and two cleaning wands. Great product - loving it!

    BalasHapus
  4. A perfect fit for my Canon Rebel T1i with attached EF 70mm-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM lens.

    BalasHapus
  5. I have a Canon 60D with 18-200 lens and this case fits perfectly. I use on Disney where you like almost a hundred kilometers a day and this case is pretty confortable. If your idea is carry just the camera, because there isn't much space beyond the camera's space, this is your choice. It is very well finished. Just the strap could be a little more smooth using other material like neoprene, but this you can change after (I'll do this for trips like Disney)

    BalasHapus
  6. This is a great case - very nicely designed, well built, looks great, very functional. It is my third Caselogic digital SLR case, purchased because I wanted a holster case for my Nikon D50 with a new, longer 50-200mm zoom lens. I searched around a bit and tried other cases at stores like Best Buy, Ritz photo, and Calumet. This case works great, and has improved several features over my earlier cases (which have worked great for me.) The handle is nicely padded, the "hammock" has a nice Y-shaped cutout extending from the circular lens opening making it very easy to insert and remove my camera without snagging, even with the hood attached in the reverse position. The solid, waterproof base is a nice addition, and allows the case to stand up solidly when placed on a flat surface. Very well made, very well padded, classy and sporty looking at the same time. A great purchase, and also a very good value compare to what else is available.

    BalasHapus
  7. I had originally bought the Case Logic SLR-1Z Zoom Holster to accommodate my D70 with attached Tamron 28-300 lens, however I found that case had too small of an opening for my camera. So I got the SLRC-201 Zoom and it is much better, the differences between the two cases are:

    SLRC-201
    1) Larger opening, camera slips in and out with ease.
    2) Main compartment zipper is easier to operate.
    3) Hammock suspension system is a better design.
    4) Base is sturdier and made of better material.
    5) Strap is a little longer.

    SLR-1Z
    1) Strap pad is thicker.
    2) Extra pocket on inside flap cover.
    3) Although the main zipper is difficult to open, it seems to be more water proof.
    4) Has option for belt attachment.

    Both of these cases are very well made and great for cameras with attached lenses, if you have a smaller SLR then the 1Z will work for you, however the 201 is much better for a larger SLR camera, hope this helps with your decision.

    BalasHapus