Minggu, 17 Juli 2011

Wow

Survival Sewing and Repair Kit

Survival Sewing and Repair Kit

I wanted a small repair kit for our 72-hour bags, and thought this one seemed more substantial than any others I'd seen. I got it with free shipping with Amazon SuperSaver shipping (for orders over $25).

I am really impressed with this little kit. It's not just a "sewing" kit, as it contains several items that go beyond stitching up a tear in clothing or replacing a button. It has a darning needle for repairing socks, heavy duty nylon thread, a needle threader (great for my older eyes!), a magnifier (also great for my older eyes!), bonded Kevlar thread, some brass wire, paracord (for boot laces and more), a waterproof patch, a couple of cable ties, a small knife, and some duct tape. It all comes in a waterproof zippered bag, which fits nicely in a side pouch on my 72-hour bag.

This is a great little kit for the money. I could probably assemble the contents myself for less money, but having it all packed nicely in a convenient little waterproof bag was worth the cost. I've got a full roll of duct tape in my main bag, but having a small roll of it in this kit will keep me from having to dig for the big one for a small repair.

In an emergency, being able to cable tie a shoe together, patch a tent, or do a strong, long term fix of a tear in a jacket or jeans will mean the difference between being comfortable and being miserable.

I plan to add small tubes of superglue and rubber cement to this bag, for shoe and tent repair.

Get your Survival Sewing and Repair Kit Now!

8 komentar:

  1. I have a small bag for my jewelery, repair-sewing kit, make-up box, and hair-accessories, it's all in one. And of course I have a small travel suitcase with wheels and a hanging hook to prevent my costumes from creasing or becoming clumped up. And I always carry 3 of everything in my costumes for any mishaps, mistakes, tears not noticed, stains not seen or to replace for any other reason. As well as my props. Am I missing anything else?

    BalasHapus
  2. My friend is leaving for college. I've known her ever since the first day of high school. She is my girl friend but I consider her my best friend over everything. I won't be able to see her much anymore as I'm in the Marines and leaving for boot camp in the winter. I wanted to get her something creative yet useful. Any ideas of fun, meaningful, or useful things I can put in there to help her adjust to her new life?

    BalasHapus
  3. What I mean is, my family really likes to camp, but I do find the whole process exhausting. There is so much to pack and haul with us in order to cook, etc. Sometimes I wonder if I am doing something wrong. Does anyone have any ideas about how to simplify the process so that we can enjoy it that much more?

    BalasHapus
  4. im a fan of man vs wild and also how to make a survival kit

    BalasHapus
  5. i have a jansport backpack.

    BalasHapus
  6. If I want to go camping for example, or simply do a "wilderness survival" thing for maybe a week. What should I bring in my backpack?

    BalasHapus
  7. For various disasters or emergencies, you would have to hit the road on foot with whatever you could carry. What would you bring. Don't worry, I'm not one of those kids running away from home. I'm 26. Even if you don't have one, please share your ideas.

    BalasHapus
  8. Looking to find out how an ALICE pack should be loaded, example what goes where?

    BalasHapus