Sabtu, 30 Juli 2011

Works as should

Fotodiox Dedicated Bayonet 75 300mm 55 250mm

Fotodiox Dedicated Bayonet 75 300mm 55 250mm

On my D90, I started with the kit's 18-105mm as my walk-around lens. As I felt the need for longer range, I graduated to 18-200, and then recently to 70-300 -- but I missed the wider end, forcing me to revert more often than I liked to the 18-200. This 28-300 nearly restores that end, so I expect to be keeping this lens on my camera almost all the time. It's only slightly heavier than the 70-300, so that doesn't bother me. And lens creep is minimal, unlike on the 18-200, which drove me crazy with the need for constant reframing.

Looking at photos taken at F8.0 on a test shoot around town, I found nothing at all to bother me in image quality except some chromatic aberration at 28mm -- which I corrected easily in software. (My 18-200 too had that at its widest.) The overall image quality seems in the ballpark of the 70-300, which already seemed better than the 18-200.

Until Nikon comes out with an 18-400, this is my lens! (And until then, I've ordered the sharp but inexpensive 18-55 DX to handle occasional wider shots.)

Get your Fotodiox Dedicated Bayonet 75 300mm 55 250mm Now!

8 komentar:

  1. Well, I'm impressed.

    Once again, an aftermarket company makes a product that is the OEM's equal in every way, only at a much better price!

    These hoods use the lens's bayonet mount, and can be reversed on the lens for storage, just like the ones made by Canon. They are the right length to prevent vignetting on their recommended lenses. I also bought one for my kit lens and it is just as nice as this one I got for my EF 75-300 II.

    Great product, outstanding deal.

    BalasHapus
  2. I have a canon T2i with the 55-250mm lens and this hood fits perfect. When screwing on/off theres a bit of resistence however not bad at all and it makes you feel that its on securely. I also like the fact that it uses the threads on the outer part of the lens and not the inner part. It also has "Canon ET 60" stamped on it so it looks almost OEM. Makes your set-up look pro. My friend has an OEM and he was amazed at how much money I saved. Great for an OEM replacement or to just save some $$ as most of us do.

    BalasHapus
  3. This lens hood did not work for me. I do have a 6-year old Canon 75-300MM USM IS (Image Stabilized) lens, and I thought this was the lens hood for it. I've read other reviews stating that the fit wasn't that great, so to compare, I went out and bought the OEM Canon lens hood. That one didn't fit either. Since the OEM hood cost over $26, I did return that one.

    If anyone else is having issues, check if your lens is the IS lens. If it is, do not buy this lens hood. You need the ET-64II.

    Because this aftermarket lens is so inexpensive, it's not worth the expense of returning it.

    BalasHapus
  4. This lens hood seems to be pretty much an exact match for the much more expensive Canon-branded product. It mounts perfectly and seems to be well made. I have no problem recommending it.

    BalasHapus
  5. I received this before the promised date. Came packaged great! My expectations were low because of the past reveiws..but I am pleasantly surprised! It fit perfectly on my Canon 55-250mm and my 18-55mm lens. I was worried about that but it fits great! I normally use a Tulip style and have been happy (every now and then a stray beam slips past the Tulip hood) so I wanted to try a Bayonet style to see if that would help elimnate that. I have only taken a couple of pics and haven't noticed that stray beam yet! The flip around, on lens storage is very convenient compared to using the Tulip style. Completely satisfied all around. Especially the price!

    BalasHapus
  6. The fit was perfect and it has already protected my precious lens as it should. Does shield unwanted light from the side. I highly recommend it for your 58mm lens. It fits my Canon EF-S 55-250 lens perfectly.

    BalasHapus
  7. I am happy to confirm all the good things said about this lens hood by the previous posters. Also, this hood is deep enough to protect the lens and shield it from stray light. I used this hood when taking 1500 photos with my Canon 55-250 lens and there was no sign that it affected the photo in any way.

    I am very impressed with Fotodiox as a supplier of camera accessories. I now have hoods for two lenses and lens caps, all very well made and purchased for a fraction of what I would have had to pay for the equivalent from Canon or other suppliers.

    You will need a center-pinch lens cap if you use this hood. The Fotodiox lens cap sold by Amazon would be a good choice.

    BalasHapus