Kamis, 21 Juli 2011

Razor sharp lens

Sigma 180mm Macro Canon Cameras

Sigma 180mm Macro Canon Cameras

I just got the lens a few days ago and loving it so far. When I first saw it the first thing that came to mind were the other reviews calling it built like a tank because its just that. Its heavy and although I was concerned that I will only be able to use it with a tripod I still got good handheld shots with a little practice. I will still recommend a tripod.

Very smooth and quite AF. It fast given the range of focal lengths the elements of the must travel. There is a switch with three focus limiting settings which helps. I used it for mostly for macro work which needs to be done via Manaual focus. My lens was a Nikon mount that didnt have an AF/MF switch but manual focus was smooth. The only minor hitch with my D60 was that after manual focusing something it would try to AF once in a while so I had to switch back and forth between AF and MF in my camera. Didnt have any issue most of the time. In my opinion its a small irritant considering the optical quality. The focus ring is HUGE and that helps in fine focusing which is essential for macro.

I am not a professional and dont shoot test charts. I loved the optical quality and it wowed family and friends. A few potrait shots were great too although it was a littel too sharp and I had to use GIMP to blur it a bit.

The working distance with 180 mm is surprisingly small. I'm glad I didnt get a lens of a smaller focal length. This is the second sigma lens I own and am not disappointed with either.

Get your Sigma 180mm Macro Canon Cameras Now!

3 komentar:

  1. hi. im looking at doing some portraits of my kids, and i noticed a mobile children's photographers store so i looked at the lens and its a 24-85mm lens with a skylight uv filter. will this be a good up close portrait lens?

    BalasHapus
  2. I've recently purchased the canon 650d and am looking to now get a macro lens for it, does anyone have any advice in what I should look for in a macro lens?

    BalasHapus
  3. If not what is the best true macro lens for under £250 that can be mounted on a canon

    BalasHapus