Selasa, 19 Juli 2011

Works well on my Canon 24-105!

Lens Band Stop Creep Black

Lens Band Stop Creep Black

This is a nice little toploader for a small, compact system camera. In my case, I traded an older Canon DSLR for a new Fujifilm X-E1 with 18-55 kit lens, which is much smaller than the Canon body (EOS 40d). I needed to downsize my older Lowepro TLZ.

I was looking for a simple topload zoom type case that fits my new system but is as small as possible since my primary use for this will be to attach to the sternum strap of my backpack while on extended backcountry trips. This keeps the camera at the ready on my chest since removing my overnight pack is a hassle. A larger case in this position restricts my peripheral vision, is heavier, and is awkward hanging off my pack straps.

This fits my new Fujifilm very well, if not perhaps slightly snugly, in the lens-down position. I typically use a Really Right Stuff L-bracket with this body. The camera will NOT fit in the lens-down position when the L-bracket attached. However it will fit in the lens-to-the-side position with L-bracket attached....which will be the typical way I'll carry this. I suspect if I purchase any larger lenses in the future, such as the 55-200 zoom, it will not fit in the sideways configuration.

All in all, the case is well made, simple, provides enough storage area that I can fit in a small SD card case (Gepe type), a couple extra batteries, and maybe another small accessory or two. If this provides the long service life that my older Lowepro did, I'll continue to be very happy.

This is a very new case to me, so I can't comment on long-term durability only to say it appears well-made. I hope this review is helpful for someone looking for a simple, low-profile case for a Fujifilm X-E1 (I had a heck of a time finding one that wasn't oversized).

Get your Lens Band Stop Creep Black Now!

2 komentar:

  1. I was considering sending my Canon 24-105mm f/4L lens (great lens, and my workhorse) to Canon service for an adjustment. After several years of use, the lens had developed severe lens creep and adjusting the screws under the focus ring per internet instructions did't cure the problem. I decided to try a Lens band before sending my lens off, and it cured the lens creep instantly. I put the band over the front edge of the zoom ring so it overlaps the lens barrel slightly. The lens creep is stopped. The zooming action is stiffer, as is to be expected, but I don't notice it at all while shooting. I got a black band, which is pretty much invisible once it's on the lens. Highly recommended, and much cheaper than the Canon service center.

    BalasHapus