Kamis, 28 Juli 2011

The best small camera I have owned

Nikon COOLPIX Digital Optical Vari Angle

Nikon COOLPIX Digital Optical Vari Angle

This little jewel is marketed for pros to use when they are not armed with bigger and better things, but it is also a great choice for a serious amateur's main camera. I've been shooting with this for three days, and I am just plain thrilled with it.

Check DPreview for all the technical stuff, but here is why this amateur likes it:

1. Bright, sharp lens
2. Sensor larger than normal for a compact
(These first two mean better image quality all around than your average compact or superzoom.
Low light perfomance is amazing for me, and high contrast scenes are handled better. Fewer
blown highlights and less washed out color, and much less noise. Excellent sharpness.)

3. 7X zoom without noticeable loss of picture quality
4. Articulating LCD with beautiful screen
5. Loaded with controls at your fingertips and within quick-to-access menus. More options than you
would expect to see on a compact camera.

I am actually using these controls since they are not buried in confusing menus, and I can tell that having this is going to make me a better photographer. It also takes great pictures on full automatic, but it is not completely idiot-proof, so I wouldn't recommend it to someone who doesn't intend to learn how to use it.

Get your Nikon COOLPIX Digital Optical Vari Angle Now!

7 komentar:

  1. At the moment I have a good compact digital camera but would like to step up so I can take better pictures at places like the zoo when animals are further away but what sort of specs am I looking for and what does it all mean I like the Nikon L110 and the Fuji S2500HD are these good starter cameras? Will I need anything else?

    BalasHapus
  2. Thanks! We're looking for a digital camera with a viewfinder. And obviously new, not on eBay or anything.

    BalasHapus
  3. Well I have to take a lot of photos for college and when I take a picture really close or zoom in it blurs and I can't even see in the picture what it is. It's a nikon coolpix, it's good besides that but close up it's really bad. Can anyone recommend a really good quality camera that doesn't blur when you zoom in? Preferably not expensive too. Thanks

    BalasHapus
  4. I want to pursue in photography, but I need a much better camera. Since I'm only a teen and don't have a lot of money, what's the best camera I can get for under $400 (or very close to $400)?

    BalasHapus
  5. Somethine cheap though. Nothing over $400 dollars. Im just starting out with photography. So i dont need anything very fancy.

    BalasHapus
  6. I am looking for a good camera for an elementary yearbook: point and shoot, digital, with a decent zoom. Nothing too fancy since it gets passed around to teachers and some are not computer savvy. I am looking for two options to present to my principal: one for around $200 and one for around $350. Thank you!

    BalasHapus
  7. I would like to record video at a concert that bans video cameras and "professional cameras," which means I can't bring in a DSLR.

    BalasHapus