Jumat, 27 Januari 2012

Very good camera.. Best in class, with one exception...

Olympus Digital Camera 3 Inch Monitor

Olympus Digital Camera 3 Inch Monitor

If you are on the market for a small camera that you can carry around with you all the time, that would also produce high quality images if not all than most of the time, and unwilling to spend �1500 on Leica X1 you know your choices are very limited.

So far there were only tree cameras that I narrowed down - Canon PowerShot G12, Panasonic Lumix LX5, and Nikon Coolpix P7000 but none of them appealed to me, for different reason.

Canon has the lowest image quality of these three (still very decent compared to other compacts), Nikon is too large and looks errr, odd, and Panasonic produces very strange, sometimes unnatural colours.

I was awaiting for the forthcoming Fujifilm FinePix X100, but it looks like it will be difficult to get for a while due to low production after the quake and very high demand (yes, it's that good), so no price reductions quite for some time, and �900 is still a lot for a regular person who just wants to make good pictures of his kids and some views from the trips.

Olympus XZ-1 comes as a very good and reasonable choice. It has larger image sensor and very wide and bright lens that lets lots of light through. As a result all images are of a very high quality, both on screen and in print. It is easy to operate, especially if you shoot in automatic settings like me. Good speed and decent battery life. Very light to carry around. Have only been using it for a few days but very positive results so far. Will update this review once (if) I hit some major drawback.

Some people note that it has not-so-good video recording, but I am not using as as I have a dedicated, and very good Sanyo camera for that (which does poor still images, which only proves the point that every product can only excel at one thing).

PS. I've updated the firmware straight away as it seems there were some focus problems with earlier models.

Get your Olympus Digital Camera 3 Inch Monitor Now!

3 komentar:

  1. I need a camera that I can handle easily, not too heavy and that takes clear beautiful shots. I also do not want to take a lens changing camera because I am too young to handle lenses. And i don't support the pentax cameras too.And my money range goes up to $275

    BalasHapus
  2. I want a camera that takes pictures that do not reveal many flaws and takes clear pictures. Also I would like it around 300-400 dollars but no more please.

    BalasHapus
  3. I have an Olympus FE-230 digital camera that I've had for only about a year. It doesn't have actual camera batteries, but one battery that came with the camera itself that is flat and rectangular. It's supposed to only take several hours to charge and over the past few months the charge time has gotten longer and longer to the point where 24 hours is no longer enough time. Now I find it wont hold a charge at all. The inside of the camera is clean. Did the battery just die? Can you buy a replacement? If so, where?

    BalasHapus